I think you can tell a lot about people from the things they love, so I thought I would share with you some of the things that rock my world.
Family. I am happily married and have been blessed with two beautiful children — a boy and a girl. While being a mother is a demanding, busy and sometimes thankless job, my children are the most precious little people in the world. I also adore my brother and sister and their lovely little families.
Helping people. I love to help others. Whether it is something simple like holding a door open, or something important like helping people expand their business, helping people always leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy.
Words. I’ve always loved words. Books, writing, reading, Scrabble (any word games really), libraries, notes, lists — anything with words on them. Words have enormous power and if used correctly, can achieve great and wonderful things.
My work. I am a health writer and blogger, copywriter and editor and researcher extraordinaire. And I love doing it all! I also pride myself in exceptional customer service, delivered with a smile (even if it is with an emoticon).
A healthy lifestyle. When we don’t feel well, we don’t enjoy life. That’s why I love eating healthy, nutritious food, training several times a week, and spending time doing the things I love. Mental health is just as important as physical health.
Coffee and chocolate. Life is not about deprivation. I adore good coffee and can’t do without it. In fact, if deadlines are looming, coffee helps me through! I also like chocolate — dark chocolate. But I am a chocolate snob and won’t settle for ‘rubbish’ chocolate. I particularly enjoy visiting chocolate boutiques and indulging in one or two of the little delicacies under the glass cabinet. With a good coffee of course!
If you can relate to any of the above, then I think we will be a good fit to working together. However, if you are interested in my qualifications, experience and special skills, then read on…..
I hold a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Queensland with majors in Journalism, Communication Studies and Australian Literature. I also gained a Certificate IV in Magazine Writing, Editing and Publishing from RMIT University, while working in the industry.
I have almost 20 years’ experience writing for the publications and event management industry. Prior to working freelance, I wrote for a corporate wellness company for several years, where my work was published in Australia and overseas. I also wrote large amounts of copy for a leading Australian pharmacy.
The unique skills I can bring to our working partnership include:
- a knowledge of the health and wellness industry
- a solid understanding of key health concerns facing the Australian population
- an understanding of how to write for the health and wellness industry
- an ability to take complex information and express it in a way that the average person can understand
- highly developed research skills
- knowledge of where to source up-to-date and accurate health information
- an ability to read scientific studies and interpret the information
- an understanding of the publishing process
- brilliant administrative, organisational and time-management skills
- highly developed event management skills
- highly developed verbal communication skills and strong negotiation skills
- an ability to work to deadlines
- desktop publishing and layout skills.
So are you ready to get started? If so, I would love to hear from you, so we can chat to see how I can best help you.